The excellent mechanical properties, particulary with regard to long term retained strength and pressure tests shown by cross-linked polyethlene(PEX) have led to its use in the plastic pipe industry.This is done by a three dimensional network of chemical bonds. achieved during process, known as cross-linking.These are peroxide cross-linking(PEXa),silane cross-linking (PEXb) and irradiation cross-linking (PEXc). Silane route has been used since 1968 and is the most recent of the three cross-linking methods to be developed silane cross-linking is characterised by the formation of covalent bonds by means of copolymerised of crafted silane side chains.Silane is chemically bound to the polymer chain by co-polymerisation or by grafting.In the second stage,a catalysts cross-links polymer in the presence of steam or hot water. Beside other mechanical and thermal properties the aging resistance of silane cross-linked polyethylene is superior to that of pipes made viaa peroxide or irradiation processes.The simple and nature of the silane cross-linking technology allows wide variety of compounds type to be processed. PEXLIFE is the trade name of cross-linked polyethylene(PEX) pipe produced by PIPELIFE(TRI)PEXLIFE is manufactured and tested in accordance with related the most recpected standarts, such as prEN 12318, and DIN 16892/93.All the tests and quality controls required bye these norms are performed in a modern and well-equipped laboratory.The testing during production; extrusion and cross-linking is rigidly controlled,assuring the customer the highest quality product.The production and sale of PEXLIFE is done according to the ISO 9000 Quality Assurance System standart.
- Corrosion free and high resistance to the attack of chemicals
- Replaceable pipe-in conduit.
- Very good performance at high temperature and high pressure
- Easy to cut and join
- Pipe-laying can be carried out during the construction of building
- No electricity or heat is necessary for installation
- Allows high water speeds,meaning short time for the hot and fresh water
- Invisible looks professional,maintenance free piping
- Installed with fewer fittings,long runs without joints
- Quiet,does not transmit noise like metal pipesLong service life
That is exactly what PEXLIFE advanced sanitary system offers.High quality,durable plastic pipe which is flexible,yet does not corrode or scale. It laid continuous length from the reel and the only joints are at the inlet manifolds and the outlet tap appliance.The best of all, it does not cost more than equivalent metal pipes.
PEXLIFE pipes :
- Have no odor,impurities or any other harmful chemicals.
- PEXLIFE pipes have less condensation than the copper and metallic pipes.
- The maximum and minimum permissible working pressure and temperature is rather high.These properties of PEXLIFE pipes make the material an ideal choice for sanitary piping system.
The average room temperature with under-floor heating system is lower for the same comfort level. The warmth is near the floor where needed and not near the ceiling as in the case convected heat say from radiators.
The ideal heat distribution pattern is to have the warmest temperatures at floor level and cooler temperatures at head and ceiling levels.By comparing the four main heating systems,one can easily see that in radiator,forced air and ceiling heating patterns heat becomes trapped at the ceiling level,causing an inversion of the ideal heating pattern. By Installing PEXLIFE piping system under the floor surface and continuously circulating warm water through the piping,the heat is distributed evenly through the room.The floor becomes a big radiator with much lower temperatures compared to other heating systems.This creates the heat distribution curve which is nearly ideal. Difference pipe layouts could be used for an underfloor heating system.
Water at high temperature is corrosive, especially when it contains added chemicals such as chlorine and acids.the oxygen dissolved in the water reacts with metal components of heating system,such as radiators ,pipes and fittings to form corrosion or to deposit scale.Since the water temperature for a radiator heating system is 70°-90°C and PEXLIFE pipe has superior properties at such higher temperature, selecting this pipe for radiator heating is an ideal choice.Furthermore,since the pipe is protected with a corrugated pipe,if the pipe is damaged during installation or in use,without any damage to the floor or wall,it is an easy task to replace the damaged pipe.
- It is not allowed to install the pipe if its temperature is below 0°C.The installation can be enligntened by storing the pipe and accessories in a warm room before installation.
- Although the pipe is rather flexible,the minimum bending radius of the pipe is r (min) = 5 x d (outer).The minimum bending radius at room temperature (20°C) is given in the following table:
| Pipe outer
|Minimum Pipe r (cm)||Bend Radius r (cm)|
- As the thermal expension of the pipe is approximately 42mm per 10°C for every 25m pipe length do not pull tubing tight during installation but allow about 10mm longitudinal clearance per meter of run to accommodate thermal expansion.
- Pipe cutting should be done with pipe cutters, so that the pipe cut should be straight,perpendicular to the tubing.Cutting the pipe on an angle may result in an improper fitting assembly.Especially extra care should be taken when cutting the corrugated pipe not to damage the inner pipe.
- Leave extra pipe at the beginning and and of runs to simplfy the connection to manifolds and fittings.
- When entering or existing the slab, a 90°C angle pipe guide or metals bends supports have to be used.
- Installed tubing should be projected from possible damage.Since tubing runs in danger of being pierced by screw,nails etc.,during construction pipe should be safeguarded with a suitable steel plate protectors.
- Manifold location should be chosen that is accessible for future use provides convenient access to all fixtures,permits easy connections to the supply mains and provides adequate protection from freezing.
- Each exit of the distributing manifold may have shut-off valve so that it can be isolated as necessary.
- The system should be pressure tested before taking it to use and laying the concrete.The testing time should be the maximum allowable pressure printed on the pipe (PN 12.5 =12.5 bar =1.25 MPa.)During the pressure testing,ensure that the pressure should be table and all joints are leak free.
- The pipe is not to be stored in direct sunlight.